As the title says (and the odd picture I drew of some weird creature that’s revising (it was meant to be a dog but looks more like ET’s retarded half-brother)), I am revising. Well, not right now as I’m writing this but my plans for the day revolve only around revising. Now, I know revising helps for tests, but I have always considered it cheating to be honest. Tests are meant to test you on what you know, not what you have looked at 2 days before the exam and have managed to remember on a short term basis. It does help, but I still can’t get past the feeling that it is cheating. Sure, in exams such as Politics, revising isn’t going to help you completely in the test as some of the test is based on your ability to express what you have been revising in a well written and co-ordinated manner. But with exams such as Computing where they are looking for one or two line answers, you can revise it all and sail through the exam from remembering it, not knowing it.
Another thing that annoys me about exams is that they only test you on about 5-10% of the entire syllabus. Now to me, that’s not the best way to test someone. Sure I might not know about vectored interupts, but ask me about the other 90% and I might pass awesomely. At the end of the day, your best bet is to revise (cheating) all of the module and hopefully get lucky on the bits you understand the most. So all tests are about is putting in a little bit of effort and then getting lucky. Meh, just shows my hate for tests.
On to something more fun though. Last night on Halo, I finally managed to get a Perfection. Yer, go me! Sure it was on Social Slayer with 3 friends against total noobs and I whored up in the Ghost for 16 kills, but I still got my first Perfection and Running Riot. I do feel a bit bad though, as the game before, one of my friends was one kill from getting an Extermination. We were both BRing one down and I should have stopped to let him get it but I carried on as I was crazy for kills. So this is my apology Clarky, I owe you for it 😦
Looks like we’ll just have to stay up til 1am again in Social Slayer til you get it again 😀